Triple 8 releases the new T8 Racer
The downhill-specific fullface helmet market is starting to heat up a little with this new entry from Triple 8. The T8 Racer meets CPSC 1203 bike and ASTM F1952 downhill mountain bike racing standards, the same standards as the Bell Drop. With the Predator and now the T8 Racer, you’ve got a few choices that don’t require jerry rigging a mountain bike helmet or rocking a questionable paragliding helmet. We’ll have a hands on review of the lid very, very soon so stay tuned.
From the Triple 8 website:
“Introducing the first ever Triple Eight Downhill Helmet crafted for speed. The streamlined T8-Racer is the downhill helmet to turn to for uncompromised exhilaration. You, the board, the T8-Racer Helmet and the street. Be a part of the connection.
• Meets CPSC 1203 bike and ASTM F1952 downhill mountain bike racing standards
• Hand-laid fiberglass shell
• Shatter-resistant flip-up visor
• Aerodynamic styling to limit wind resistance
• EPS foam liner with velvet lining
• Each helmet comes with an extra pad insert to customize fit
• S/M weighs: 989 grams & L/XL weighs 969 grams
Sizes: S/M, L/XL
To ensure a perfect fit, measure the circumference of your head starting in the middle of your forehead and match it with the sizes below.